Friday, May 22, 2009

Darec's Orchestra Concert

Darec plays the viola in the Otter Creek orchestra. They had their final concert of the year on Wednesday. The teacher said the 6th grade students have done so well this year, that he had to give them 7th grade music to play! Darec really seems to enjoy playing and does very well.




Another note on Darec...he tried out for the Otter Creek Musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie! Auditions were on Tuesday night. He had to perform a song and learn a dance for the try-out. He has always been a ham and has a lot of natural acting talent. Most of the people who auditioned were from choir, in fact I'm not sure auditions in the past years have been open to people outside of choir. There were over 60 people who auditioned and only around 35 made it. They posted the cast list today and Darec made it...he even got a minor role. So awesome for his first real show!! They start practices as soon as school gets back in session next fall. I think the show is in October. Exciting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Darec! I can't say I'm surprised though! :-) Miss you, buddy!

    ReplyDelete