Friday, March 18, 2011

Counterpoints and Oklahoma!

God did some awesome things for Jerrod a couple of weeks ago! I had read in the North High School announcements that they were having musical try-outs and any student could audition. I had always thought you had to be in the choral department to try-out. I told Jerrod he should audition, because I know how talented he is, and he would have a lot of fun. The thing is, Jerrod has only really sung for me...just the two of us messing around, but I know what a gift he has. Well, auditions were the next day! I found a song for him to do, printed out sheet music and he practiced all night. The next day, he was so nervous. He kept texting me and saying he didn't want to do it. I told him to at least try and that I was praying for him. I told him he would regret at least not giving it a shot. I am so proud of him, because he actually did it, sang in front of everyone else trying-out, and the director. Not only did he get chosen to be a part of the cast, but he even got a small role with some speaking and singing lines! On top of that, the director was so impressed by his voice, she had him change his school schedule and put him in Counterpoints. Counterpoints is the highest level performance choral group at North! It is an audition only group and a huge honor to be chosen for it. The other members of the choir have been so encouraging and accepting of him. He said everyone is glad to have him as a part of the group. We are so proud of his courage and glad to see how God has blessed him! He is a gifted guy and we are seeing him really blossom. The whole process deeply touched my heart, because it reminded me that God can grant us His favor, if we will just step out and try. This was a real turning point for Jerrod in his confidence and vision for his future. God wants to do the same thing for each of us! I, for one, don't want to hold myself back anymore...NO FEAR. Way to go, Jerrod!!

1 comment: